- Enide Stduio
- REST CLIENT
One-stop [work]shop for Node.JS tools.
We can't develop everything at once, but we let you know what are the best things around for
Node.js development with Eclipse.
Features. Usage. Support. Support us.
Enide & Nodeclipse version 0.8 are released. New update site is
http://dl.bintray.com/nodeclipse/nodeclipse/0.8.0/There is also update site archive on SourceForge.
Check What's new.
Nodeclipse CoffeeScript Editor 0.3.0 , Nodeclipse Git Addon 0.1.0 are released. All of them can be quickly accessed via Nodeclipse Plugins List plugin , that now has almost 20 plugins, including TypeScript, jQuery Integration, Start Explorer or shell.
Be first to suggest new ideas for Nodeclipse.
See all news at one page.
- 03 Dec 2013 » Some Windows Goodies
- 06 Nov 2013 » Embeddable In Memory Mongodb Instance For Unit Testing
- 22 Oct 2013 » JSDT require's JSDoc - Node.js with MongoDB native example
- 17 Sep 2013 » StartExplorer 1.5.0 released
See all shares.
$sudo npm install -g express
- Creating default structure for New Node Project and New Node Source File
- Generating Express project with Wizard
- Bracket matching and marking selection occurences with background color
- Content Assistant within one file
- Go to definition with Ctrl+click when JSDoc is used
- Refactoring within one file (Alt+Shift+R)
- JSON files highlight and validation
- NPM support
- Debugging - Breakpoint, Trace, Variables, Expressions, etc... via Eclipse debugger plugin for V8
- Setting project properties for JSHint-Eclipse automatically; JSHint settings template
- Passing arguments to Node application and Node.js, specifying environment variables values to use
- Running CoffeeScript *.coffee files
- Running *.js files with PhantomJS, MongoDB Shell or Java 8 Nashorn
- Bundled together with Markdown Editor, GitHub Flavored Markdown, StartExplorer (for system explorer and shell), RegEx, Icon Editor, MongoDB, RestClient Tool and other plugins (20+ in total, check update site and Nodeclispe Plugin List)
- Support for Eclipse Juno, Kepler, Luna M3
See 1366x768 introduction video at /video page or see lower resolution on Youtube.
- In Eclipse switch to Node perspective
Window -> Open perspective -> Other... -> Node
File -> New -> Node Project.
- Enter [Project name], press [Finish].
hello-world-server.jsin newly created project. Right-click and select Run As -> Node Application.
- Navigate to
http://127.0.0.1:1337/in your browser.
- Press red icon "Terminate" inside Console View to stop current application.
- Double click on
hello-world-server.jsto open Editor. Right-click inside Editor to Run or Debug your code.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F to format code.
- Press Alt+/ to call Code Assist.
- Press Alt+r,s,number to run current file.
Generating of Express project
File -> New -> Node Express Project.
- Enter [Project name], select prefered Template Engine, and press [Finish] button.
- Wait for
npmto finish dowloading dependencies. Press F5(refresh) for
node_modulesfolder to appear. (configure autorefresh)
Debugging and breakpoints
- Double-click on the ruler on the left side of the line you want to set a breakpoint.
- If you want to remove a breakpoint, double-click on the ruler again.
- Select the main source file of the Node Application in the Project Explorer, open the context menu with right-click,
Debug As -> Node Application.
No miracles, just files
In Project Explorer press trianle to call drop down menu Cutomize View... -> Filter -> uncheck *.resources. Now you see all files: .project, .jshnt.rc and .settings folder. Take time to explore content.
Browse existing questions on StackOverflow, as we do.
- How do I? -- 1) F1/Help -> Help Contens -> Nodeclipse Help ,
2) Online Help or
3) StackOverflow! *1
*1 Don't forget to add `nodeclipse` tag.
- I got this error, why? -- StackOverflow! *1
- I got this error and I'm sure it's a bug -- raise an issue!
Should you report a bug, please include the following:
- Nodeclipse version number (like 0.5 or 0.6)
- Eclipse version number (like 4.2.2 or 3.8.0)
- Eclipse distribution (e.g. Eclipse for JEE Developers)
- A detailed description of the steps necessary to reproduce the problem.
- Screenshot and stack trace, that you can get from Eclipse Error Log View (Window -> Show View ...) or from '.log' file from the directory '.metadata' in your workspace.
- See example issue #78
Fork me on GitHub
$ git clone git://github.com/Nodeclipse/nodeclipse-1.git
Then build with
$ mvn package
Start by raising an issue about what you have on your mind, share some related information and links.
Looking for webmaster. If you noticed any site problem, typos, etc, please raise an issue for the site.